25 August 2010

The day after

DSC_6479

The day after returning from FoQ I began to sort out the haul.

Would you like to see?

Some pieces from Sumatra from John Gillow’s stand
(there is a piece from Iran but it got wet and is drying out).

   DSC_6474

Fresh stocks of organza in the usual colours for Indian inspired work. 
You didn’t think I could stay away from purple and pink forever did you?

DSC_6476

Rusted cloth – because I know I could do it but time constrains mean I won’t.

DSC_6486

Australian fabrics – now completes the set I have been collecting for two years and I can start two pieces to give a reminder of our trip – brights for DS and the others for DH and myself.

DSC_6477

Rowan fabrics for a bed throw (gasp).  Something to do whilst I mull over new creative ideas.

DSC_6478 

More pretty fabrics for another throw….
Well it is COLD up here in the winter all year.

DSC_6484

Buttons….. I got carried away and forgot to add up the individual prices - they were the most expensive set of buttons I have every put in a bag!

DSC_6480

Can a girl ever have too many printing blocks?

DSC_6481

Pots and tubs restocked from AVG.

DSC_6482

Just two threads from (C21st Yarns).  Cotton (below) and silk (top).

DSC_6483 

All I ACTUALLY needed was this…..£2.25 of fade away pen!

DSC_6485

7 comments:

  1. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing me what I was minding in your bags while you queued for the quilts! I am quite envious of what you managed to buy as, although I did spend quite a bit of money, I got home and realised that I had not gone back to the person selling the wonderful stamps. Nor did I have time to finish buying jade type greens for my nephew's wedding present quilt and a quick glance at a few websites this morning hasn't moved things on. It was great to see you and I think your shopping haul is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to look at the Indian Block stand, oh well, next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to look at the Indian Block stand, oh well, next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to have a look at the Indian Block stand, oh well, next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a wonderful haul there - hours of fun promised!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janice Perkin1:24 pm

    what a great haul - i did n't see some of the stalls you obviously did - next time I'll just follow you around!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete