7 May 2010

London Day 2 – part 1

Well there’s not a lot of textiles happening here so I hope you won’t mind some more London pictures – Nanna will be happy.

I have a floor on the new studio as of today – but no walls yet!

DS and I both adored the Natural History Museum.  I wish we had spent more time there.  First stop next time we head to the Capital.

When you first enter you’re met by this dinosaur (well a plaster cast actually, but shhh!  he thought it was real and I couldn’t break the spell).

London 29

The dinosaur exhibition was wonderful – dark to photograph.

  London 34

Lets see that Darwin picture again.  One of my favourites of the trip.


London 39 London 41

The building itself is beautiful, carving everywhere.  I wonder if most visitors see these monkeys climbing the walls?

1992

And how many look up at the painted ceiling?

1991

Enthralled child….

London 44

Utterly enthralled child… we looked at every display case in detail.  (This is why we missed coffee – sorry!)

London 60

199

No comments:

Post a Comment