25 May 2010

Colour

We are still waiting on the final few boards for the outside of the studio but here it is in Shaker Blue.

I always wanted to have a house in the Hamptons, or at least in New England. 
Now I have my little Shaker Blue Studio.

studio

But I am worried about the internal colour scheme.

As you know my kitchen is very neutral in greys and grey-green with lots of cream woodwork, the sitting room and office are very deep red and Indian inspired.  The hall and stairs are dark Victorian green with cream painted wooden floors.  The bathroom is deep, deep blue/purple.  The main bedroom is the exception with white walls.  Note the dark colours and rich colours….

I think I may have been on a different planet (always) when I chose colours for the inside of the studio.  You see I was thinking of the pretty studios that I see on American blogs – the ones where every piece of fabric is perfectly placed.  You know the ones I mean.  Yes, like this one

I’ve chosen a duck-eggy blue for the three walls with windows, white back wall and ceiling and today I went and got the paint for the shelving – Amethyst Showers number 4, a soft purple.  But now I am wondering if I should have gone for Farrow and Ball in Mouse’s back or something similarly sophisticated.

The studio is so utterly girlie and different from the house.  I recently purchased some Cath Kidston paisley cushions for the sofa in the studio.  In paisley blue and pink.  Pink!  Me!  Oh dear.

I think I need to go and lie down on my dark chocolate leather sofa in my dark red room……

4 comments:

  1. The studio sounds very girlie! But I'm sure it will work!

    I'm looking forward to seeing it as a brilliant working space! I lost my studio in a house move. I'm now in a small cupboard - well that's what is feels like.

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to my visit to "New England in Northumberland" in the fall.
    Love the blue, and a little bit of pink won't hurt, it might help to define home space from work space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice Perkin2:15 pm

    look forward to seeing the new girlie studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love your blue studio. I had a soft pink dining room once and it was so flattering to everyone's skin tone. I say, Bust out! do the wild thing.

    ReplyDelete