19 January 2011

Edinburgh

I apologise for taking so long to write this entry.  I have just been so busy and tired recently.

Here are some more pictures from the day.

Firstly a trip to Drummonds for a lesson on using my Bernina software and to collect the Cutwork Module

images

Then, after shopping in the New Town at Cath Kidston and Brora I took a taxi to the Grassmarket in the Old Town.

Grassmarket

Love the name of the pub, hangings used to take place in the Grassmarket.

Edinb2

A new find – Mr Woods Fossil Shop

Edinb4

Fossils for me and rocks for DS.  Perfect.

Edinb 3

Then I walked up towards the castle and always think about the pure history in this area.

Who lived in this house next to Edinburgh Castle?

Edinb5

Or walked up these steps at the top of the Royal Mile?

Edinb 1

As for the tooth – its still hurting, last night I saw the ENT consultant and have no obvious sinus problems so the next stage is a CT scan.
So I keep taking the painkillers…..

5 comments:

  1. Great photos, Helen! Re the "who lived in a place like this?" - have you been to Mary King's Close in the High Street? All the years I have lived in or about Edinburgh and I never knew all that social history was under my feet!
    Sorry the tooth is still giving you jip but at least the medics are investigating thoroughly. Hope you get an answer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds and looks like you had a good visit to Edinburgh but how awful to still be wrestling with your toothache. Hope the scan is arranged soon so that they can finally get to grips with what's wrong and do something about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised your tired after that tour of Edinburgh, lovely pics. Take care and hope the tooth problem gets solved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photos & well worth the wait. do so like the warm honey-brown the door at the top of the royal mile has. hope the ct scan shows *something*. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed this post - wonderful photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete