30 December 2014

Kiefer and Moroni at the Royal Academy

Continuing the blogging of my London visit…...

RA

The Royal Academy for two very different exhibitions.

The outside installation gives an idea of what I found inside.

A large and poignant sculpture…  very simple really, but with a huge message about war.

 

RA install

 But first - (expensive) coffee in cultured surroundings. 

RA cafe

The Kiefer Exhibition. 

I was unsure about this, would I like it?
I’d taken some time to read up beforehand and very glad I did as it explained the artists background in Germany and his exploration of war.
 

I managed to take a few snaps on the phone. 

I was BLOWN AWAY.

 

Wow.

And double WOW.

Keifer 1

The scale, the textures, the colours.
All of it spoke to me. 

I just cannot forget this exhibition.


Keifer 3

Kiefer 2

 

Then upstairs to Moroni.

What a contrast.

He is hailed as one of Italy's best C16th portrait painters, capturing their likeness and that “something extra” that gives life to the painting. 

Moroni poster

 

After lunch I headed to the British Museum….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment