25 July 2010

Hare's

A few weeks ago I saw a hare in the garden, DH saw one last week and yesterday there was a baby hare in the field outside our window.


I make no apology for lots of baby hare pictures.  I have a soft spot for any animal with long ears – from lop-eared rabbits to Suffolk sheep.


hare6 hare1 hare2 hare3 hare5


Hares have a great place in mythology – surprisingly common throughout the world.  They are linked with Goddesses (often moon goddesses such as Andraste), witches and all things pagan.  Here’s a good link.

5 comments:

  1. It's a full moon tonight, pictures of Hare goddesses in the moonlight... so beautiful and mystical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore watching the baby bunnies at our place also.
    Unfortunately this import has created extreme devastation to our country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhhhhhh! How adorable. Don't they look gorgeous and so sweet. I'm definitely with you, Helen, on loving these hares. We occasionally see an old hare running in front of the car at night but I've never seen young ones! Thanks so much for these magnificent pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, I do love your Hares, we have baby bunnies in our garden, I love watching them. One more night to go, off to bed now for a long sleep..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

    ReplyDelete