3 July 2009

Weekend teaching and a week of sun...

Last weekend I was privileged to be teaching "Towers of Flowers" at Stirling University for the Scottish Quilters Guild Summer School.

This was the class room at the start.... such a promise of things to come.

 SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

As you know by now I always forget to take photographs when I'm teaching.  I had 19 students and they were all wonderful.... here are their towers.  Apologies for the not so good photo. 

I hope they have them all finished by now.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA 

This week I spent the first few days recovering my energy then I got into the studio and started painting some bondaweb, lutradur, tyvek and sizoflor.  Its been SO hot that everything dried so quickly - but the temperatures were high for here - 24degrees C and 87% humidity.  Ugh. 

Makes you very lazy and lethargic.  Last year the studio would have been too hot to work in by 8am, this summer it was warm but bearable.... so the insulation is working in the summer to keep me cool!  Fantastic.

I've painted these pieces with Aztec acrylics and a burst of ink sprays.  You'll see them again as I layer, stitch and heat distressed them.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

The bunnies have been finding the weather far too warm, I've tried to keep them as cool as possible.

 SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

Some goodies arrived in the post.

The 2010 diary is beautifully illustrated with pictures from the V&A museum.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

I just had to capture the colours of dinner preparations the other night.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

DS has been busy creating models.... I love it when he plays like this and uses his imagination.  He has been going to school in shorts and cap and looks like Just William (remember him?) - so cute.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA 

And the rose is more beautiful each year, it was a 30th b'day present from DH.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

1 comment:

  1. HI Helen
    I have not seen your new blog shesh.. where have I been and hey your son seems to have grown up in no time !!! He is a cutie you must be proud.
    I see you also have a Gracie ... is that a new addition to the family?
    talk care and talk soon
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete