28 April 2014

2014 Journal Quilts Part 1

I’ve signed up for the 2014 Journal Quilt challenge for the Contemporary Quilters Guild GB, this year they have to be 8x8” and must have a line running through.

 

Over the next few days I’ll post up the first four - I think of these as samples and I’m hoping to get into gear and creat two quilts for Festival of Quilts - one for the CQGB challenge which needs to be 120x50cm and one for the general show. 

Yes I know, I need to get moving on these.

 

For 2014 I decided to continue with the theme of a sense of place with the Land of the Far Horizons.
Interpreting the Northumberland landscape, with special reference to the archaeology and history. 

Here is the JQ for January 2014.

This work is based on the Cup and Ring carved rocks we find on the hills around here.
Hand painted background, hand carved stamps and FME. Relief printing inks.

 

 

JQ 2014 Jan

JQ 2014 Jan3

JQ 2014 Jan1

JQ2014 Jan2

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:07 am

    Love the way the stitching subtly textures the fabric. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete