3 May 2011

A hard question to answer

I wish the world were at peace, what does it hold for my child?

I’m not one to get political but what do you answer when your 10yr old asks “Is it good that OBL is dead?” 

Friend of mine came up with the answer;

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" - Martin Luther King

DSC_8882

4 comments:

  1. Dear Helen,
    I think you came up with an excellent answer.
    Warm regards,
    Dana Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent answer Helen. It expresses my unease at the news yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  3. a perfect response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. I have been made uneasy and anxious by some of the responses I have heard of. Yours, however, reassures me that there is still some sanity and balance in the world.

    ReplyDelete