28 March 2011

Gardening

27-03-11

That sums up yesterday.  Garden clearing, mowing lawn……

I quote from my Blip Journal;
_______________

Spent the day in the garden clearing up, but it was too cold to be out there! Surely one should not have to wear a fleece and gilet to work in a spring garden?

I'm reading my book from Barter Books ("Northumberland in the C16th" a 1921 reprint of a 1897 original) and I quote
"....described as "very cold, hard, and barren for the winter (1569)"
Nothing much changed since 1569 then.
_______________

Actually nothing much changed for the spring either yet…
….where’s my vest?

2 comments:

  1. I think its a Liberty Bodice you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen - I would give anything to be cold enough to have to wear a fleece and a gilet - whatever a gilet is....
    Dale

    ReplyDelete