15 August 2009

My baby is growing up

Well the little boy is now 9 years old.  I still remember bursting into tears when they first showed him to me.  He was wrapped up in a white towel with just his little head showing.


I couldn't cuddle him much as I was lying flat during a C-Section.  Then he went to special care almost straight away.  I didn't see him again until 24 hours later and felt very detached from him



("Baby, what baby?... oh that baby... did I have a baby?...it wasn't a dream then?
......guess he must be mine.")

It was all very surreal and I would try to have things happen differently if I could do it all again.



Ricahrds 9th bday


SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA


SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

4 comments:

  1. Janice Perkin12:13 pm

    lovely photos - he looks a real charmer!! - Know what you mean after a section !- when Daniel was born 34 years ago the first time I saw him was in the afternoon - he had a nappy on and a vest with Warrington General stamped all over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. Your little boy looks just like his Daddy
    Have a lovely weekend
    Carolyn

    www.love-stitching-red.blogspot.com
    www.carolynsaxby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely son. I had emergency c-sections with my first two, and the youngest was a planned c-section due to the fact that I was very much feeling my age. While I wish it could have been different, at the end of the day, I, like you, have a wonderful daughter and two sons. They are healthy, bright, intelligent, lively, and inquisitive, and I could not be prouder of them all. Mixed blessings aside, the end result is always the biggest payoff, and you have that. So congratulations to you all on a wonderful ninth birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday, lovely photo

    ReplyDelete